- Character development. You can feel for each character, whether it be an innocent victim or a blood lusting Serial killer.
- Speed. The story progresses in each episode and there is no episode that does not have a compelling story.
- The narrative provided by Michael C. Hall in his voice when he talks with his
- The suspense that is maintained till the very last episode of every season where everything falls into place.
- A bit too Dark and Grimm for some but others might still like it, so this can be part of both.
- At times predictable, story line is bent in a way that Dexter can get out of it by the end of the season.